Dreams. Passions. Careers.
The hospitality industry continues to show one of the strongest employment growths in the United States and is one of the most exciting and satisfying careers anywhere.
What is a career in hospitality?
Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines hospitality as the “generous and friendly treatment of visitors and guests”.
Hospitality is an art. It is a career that people engage in with pride.
Hospitality is broad, and includes many businesses. From hotels, restaurants, spas, convention centers, country clubs, cruise ships, tour operators, to meeting and wedding planners, to companies engaged in décor, rental, floral, etc., all are in the industry.
Hospitality in general, is an industry always in demand. The people business is ultimately the engine that drives the economy.
Is a career in hospitality right for you?
These traits help to define a successful hospitality professional.
- Enjoy building relationships
- Communication – being a good communicator and connector
- Good at multi-tasking – enjoy taking on different tasks and responsibilities
- Flexible –pitching in to get the job done, to make someone’s day
- Lifelong learning- enjoy learning new things every day and open to new ideas
- Can-do attitude – being upbeat and positive goes a long way
- Passion – having a passion for what you do makes going to work an absolute joy
Start or advance your career in hospitality right here at TISOH.