International Students


International Student Programs

TISOH graduates can apply their hospitality learning experience anywhere in the world. International students can attend TISOH on B1/B2 Visas or M1 Visas. TISOH is a SEVIS-approved school and is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant foreign students (M1 Visa). International students must satisfy all admission requirements before the school can issue the I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility).

Enrollment for both campus learning and online learning is open to all international students who have at least a high school diploma or equivalent and demonstrate an intermediate proficiency in English.

Programs for International Students

B1/B2 Tourist Visas Programs
International students who have B1/B2 visas can enroll in any of the Certificate programs or the Executive Diploma program.

M-1 Visa Program
● Diploma in Hospitality Operations

Optional Practical Training
M1 Visa students may be eligible for Optional Practical Training. The length of this training would be one month for every four months of study.


If you are an international student interested in our online programs, for the purposes of admission, you will be considered a domestic student, therefore, the above information will not be applicable to you.

MI Student Visa

Full time international students are issued an M-1 Student Visa. All M-1 students must attend a minimum of 18 hours of classes per week.

     Requirements of the M-1 Visa    
1) You have been accepted for a full course of study by TISOH – approved by the US Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS);

2) You are sufficiently fluent in English (can read & understand without having to be enrolled in an intensive language program) to pursue the intended course of study;

3) You have sufficient funds to cover your first year of study and access to sufficient funds to cover subsequent years of study;
4) You have a permanent residence in your home country, which you do not intend to abandon;

5) You intend to leave the U.S. upon completion of your course of study.

Transfer Students  (M-1)
International students transferring from another M-1 visa school. M-1 visa students can transfer schools only in the first 6 months.  Obtain acceptance and a new I-20 from TISOH. Submit your request for approval to transfer with a Form I-539, “Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status” and your new Form I-20 (signed by the transfer-in DSO and you) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

If USCIS approves your transfer application, they will endorse the name of the new school on your Form I-20 and return it.

Change of Status and Reinstatements
TISOH will assist students with change of status and reinstatements. Please note change of status from B1/B2 to M1 must be completed before the visa expiration date.

Information regarding housing options please contact
Health Insurance

All international students are required to have proof of health insurance. Students can purchase in their respective country or contact the school at

Scholarships are available for international students. Students must be 21 years old and possess a high school diploma. For more information regarding TISOH scholarship programs, visit the scholarship page on the website.

Tuition Payment
TISOH requires that all international students pay tuition and fees in full before the start of their program.


The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables citizens of participating countries to travel to the U.S. for tourism or business for 90 days or less without obtaining a U.S. visa.

VWP Countries: There are 35 countries that participate in the Visa Waiver Program including: Andorra, Iceland, Norway, Australia, Ireland, Portugal, Austria, Italy, San Marino, Belgium, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, Latvia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Liechtenstein, Slovenia, Denmark, Lithuania, South Korea, Estonia, Luxembourg, Spain, Finland, Malta, Sweden, France, Monaco, Switzerland, Germany, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Hungary, New Zealand.

Upon entering the U.S.A., it is important to state that the main purpose of the visit is touring and sightseeing to avoid misunderstanding. There are no extensions or changes to a Visa Waiver, and the student must leave no more than 90 days after their arrival date.

To enter the U.S. on a visa waiver, you must:

  • Have a valid machine readable passport
  • Stay only 90 days or less
  • Have a round-trip ticket
  • Have an arrival/departure form (I-94W); issued on the airplane en route to the U.S.A..

B-2 Visa students may study ONLY part-time (less than 18 hours/week) while in the U.S.A. The length of a B2 Visa varies depending upon the student’s reason for entering the U.S.A. As with the Visa Waiver, the visitor should state at the Embassy and upon entering the U.S.A., that the main purpose of the visit is tourism not study to avoid misunderstanding.  All TISOH certificate programs and the Executive Diploma program are eligible.


TISOH offers custom programs for visiting international groups. A designated group coordinator will be assigned to work with your representative to put together the custom program that best meets your group’s needs. One such example is our popular “The Las Vegas Hospitality Experience,” an intensified weeklong course that covers several areas of hospitality management, delivered by industry executives.

Tracks include management, food and beverage, meetings/conventions/events, hospitality skills, hotel operations and hospitality education/training. Programs benefit middle-level to executive-level managers, government delegations and academic professionals.

In the recent past, the school has hosted a group of international MBA students, hotel executives and college professors. Please contact for details.