Industry professionals and university professors have co-developed TISOH’s curriculum because we believe that success is tied to practical learning. Courses reflect current industry demands and are organized to induce quick learning and lasting retention. Our small class sizes support individualized attention.
Which Learning Format is Right for You?
Classroom Learning* 12-week semester, evenings.
– Taught by credentialed industry professionals and include discussions, case studies, guest panels, externships, site visits and projects.
*Remote Learning (during COVID-19 crisis) 12-week semester, evenings.
– Taught by credentialed industry professionals and include live discussions, case studies, guest panels, and projects. Virtual lectures delivered via live Zoom sessions.
Classroom Learning 5-week FASTtrack, daily.
– Classes follow traditional classroom courses, but at an accelerated pace.
-- Learn with more freedom while guided by a structured course schedule. Interact with fellow online students. One-on-one access to dedicated TISOH instructors. Same requirements as classroom programs.
– You do not have to be computer-savvy to learn online. Our school uses the mobile-friendly advanced Brightspace learning environment. With a computer (PC or Mac) and an internet connection, you’re ready to enroll.
Not sure which program is right for you? Reach out! An admissions advisor can provide a personalized education plan suited to your goals. Contact admissions today by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credentials to Earn at TISOH – Certificates or Diplomas
– Single courses focused on specific areas of hospitality to build core competency. Comprehensive and practical, certificate programs teach specialized knowledge in a short period of time.
– The Diploma in Hospitality Operations is for those seeking to enter and build a career in hospitality. It allows you to explore careers and teaches you the fundamentals and helps you network for a solid career. The Executive Diploma in Hospitality Operations is for those with 2-year of supervisory experience in hospitality. It does not require an associates or bachelors degree for admission. This program teaches intermediate management skills to help you advance and get promoted. From day one, the vocationally-based diplomas start preparing students for a new career or for continued advancement. Diploma students receive access to the <ahref="https://tisoh.rdu/career/career-services-at-tisoh/">CAREERsuite of services designed to propel careers. Diploma graduates also earn the CGSP (Certified Guest Service Professional) credential as part of their studies.
Affordable Continuing Education
– TISOH is authorized to provide certifications as well as Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for workshops.